I Love It / Me Want It

Every summer, I load up on “make-you-crazy-when-they-get-stuck-in-your-head” pop songs and build a playlist for the long stretches of 100+ degrees. This year, it includes “Alive” by Empire of the Sun, “Don’t Stop The Party” from Pitbull, and “Remix (I Like The)” by New Kids On The Block. (For the record, I was never a NKOTB fan; I just like this song.). It also features what I’m declaring the song of the summer: “I Love It” by Icona Pop.

Which means this is this Cookie Monster video is the best thing ever. (Note that Cookie Monster doles out some pretty great advice about managing our appetite.)

And here’s the original from Icona Pop. Added bonus fun: There’s a clue to an adventure I’ll be having tomorrow embedded in the video.

What’s your “song of the summer?”

hr_brown

Tags:

13 Responses to “I Love It / Me Want It”

1. […] Clothes Make The Girl / Posted on: August 07, 2013The Clothes Make The Girl – Every summer, I load up on “make-you-crazy-when-they-get-stuck-in-your-head” […]

2. Windy says:

I am LOVING (still) Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke
    Do yourself a favor and add it to your playlist.
    xoxo

• AustinGirl says:

LOVE Blurred Lines. I dig Daft Punk/Pharell’s “Get Lucky”. I challenge anyone to listen to those songs without wanting to shake their butt. It’s impossible…even when it’s 106 out (yuck!)

• Windy says:

Sooo true! And I somewhat shamefully admit that I like to workout to “Bubble Butt”. I don’t even know who sings it. LOL

• Kate says:

I love Blurred Lines something fierce! Can’t get it out of my head!

3. Abigail says:

I am totally loving “On Top of the World” by Imagine Dragons. Check it out!

4. Honey says:

Has to be “360 Donna” by Gnucci. Love the bouncy feel of it!

5. Paula says:

You are not the only one with NKOTB “Remix (I like the)” in frequent rotation this summer! Loooove it. Also partial to Florida-Georgia Line’s “Cruise” which is just fun.

6. I’m a few years behind the times, but I still can’t get Ke$ha out of my head.

Cookie Monster has gotten much more hip than I remember him, with the rapping and all. That *is* great advice, though. I need to stop and think more often when those cravings strike.

7. Joyful Susan says:

Just Give Me a Reason by P!NK
    Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men

8. […] And if you didn’t read Mel’s post at The Clothes Make the Girl Wednesday, do yourself a favor and do it now. Be sure to watch the Cookie Monster video. Not only is it a […]

9. Lydia says:

If you like Icona Pop, have you heard Kelsi Luck’s “That’s What I Like?” That’s some mighty fine bubblegum pop right there.

10. Jessica (@jess429) says:

ROFL, I so posted the Cookie Monster thing earlier this week. My fiance is a total Cookie Monster, but he is ditching the cookies for our wedding so he looks good in his tux. :)

11. Kelly says:

The video is freakin hysterical! Thanks for sharing!

12. Amie says:

My favorite song of the summer is a mashup of Imagine Dragons’ “It’s Time” and We The Kings’ “Check Yes Juliet.” You can find it on YouTube. It’s awesome.