Cooking With Hilah & Me

I want to introduce you guys to my pal Hilah. Say hi!

Hilah and her partner Chris are the beauty, brains, brawn, and badassery — I’ll leave it to you to decide who’s who — behind the internet cooking show Hilah Cooking. I have to admit, I’m always a little envious when Hilah shares a new episode because she’s not hamstrung by the rules of paleo, and her food always looks amazing.Yeah, that’s right! I’m jealous of her Shrimp Corn Dogs and Sweet Potato Biscuits. Can you blame me?! But Hilah’s also got some kickass paleo-friendly fare like Fried Plantains (just use coconut oil), Carnitas (skip the tortillas), oven Beef Brisket (which I’m making as soon as my autoimmune protocol experiment is over), and just in time for Halloween: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (again, use coconut oil).

Last week, we assembled the Hilah Cooking team — including the irrepressible Daisy who’ll you see below — and the Well Fed team to whip up a batch of Vampire Fighting Pork Stew, just in time for Halloween. Who needs candy when there’s luscious fatty pork to be eaten?!

Here are some behind-the-scenes snaps of us goofing in the kitchen. (You can’t see Dave, but you know he was there because we have this tasty photographic evidence. Thanks, Dave!)

As promised, here’s Daisy… patiently waiting for her turn to eat some stew.

Watch our episode below… then arm yourself with garlic, caraway seeds, salt, and lard… there are just two weeks until Halloween, and it’s never to early to start warding off bloodsuckers.

Where To Find Hilah Cooking

Hilah Cooking Web Site
Hilah Cooking YouTube Channel
On Facebook
On Twitter

And if you have a Roku box, you can subscribe to Hilah Cooking and watch her on your TV!

Tags: , ,

12 Responses to “Cooking With Hilah & Me”

1. Hilah says:

You are too cool! I love these pictures. They totally capture the incredible amount of silliness and chatter-boxing that was going on in the kitchen that day. It was SUPER FUN!!! :) xoxo

2. InsomniacMom says:

We should convince Hilah to tag any of her paleo dishes, everything on the sitr looks nummy!

3. Hilah looks like PHEOBE!!! And she appears to be just as funny!

4. AustinGirl says:

OMG! Daisy! The cuteness!

5. Kelly says:

Ditto InsomniacMom!

6. Jenny says:

This looks like a ton of fun. P.S. cute pup!!

7. Emily says:

So cute, looks like you had a lot of fun filming! Can’t wait to try the stew. I’ve got a batch of your slow-cooker 5-spice ribs in my slow cooker right now that I’m really looking forward to digging into tonight. Mmm, pork!

8. Emma says:

The quality of the pictures is amazing! Not to mention that the shots really captured how fun the whole thing was :)

9. Alexa says:

This is so great, and I love the stories behind each ingredient, so fun!

My question is, can I use another cut of meat for this or would it be dry? I’m trying to lose weight and don’t want to eat lard. Thanks!

A lean cut of pork might get dry, but if you want to give it a go, I’d recommend getting lean pork chops. Follow the instructions as above, but add the pork and apples at the same time and simmer for about 45 minutes.

10. Two of my favorite ladies in one kitchen! Looks like you had an awesome time. : )