Life In Verbs

ThingsWeForget has done it again! The copyeditor in me wants it to say “Live is a verb” (just to make it accurate, you know?), but I cannot quibble with the sentiment – nor with the fact that it inspired me to make a list of my favorite verbs. In no particular order, here are…

My 13 Favorite Verbs (Right Now)

Kiss

Climb

Rebel

Giggle

Indulge

Refrain

Jump

Sing

Love

Believe

Investigate

Read

Blurt

Your turn! Share your favorite verbs in comments.

Tags:

20 Responses to “Life In Verbs”

1. Roni says:

DANCE – Melissa, you make me feel like dancing!

2. De23 says:

LIFT – at CF
    HUG – at home (I think as kids get older they need MORE hugs!)

3. Flourish!

(Yeah, that’s what my blog is about, but that’s the point, right? :)

4. Kat says:

Love this post!
    Play
    Snuggle
    Move
    Shower
    Eat
    Cook

5. katetastrophee says:

Try, Aspire, Cherish, Breathe, Learn…

This kind of reminds me of a hotel where I used to work and one of their marketing lines was “between being and becoming…” I thought it was corny then and I didn’t get it and I still don’t. What do a couple of gerunds have to do with a good night’s sleep?

But I love this and Things We Forget.

6. I spend everyday “forgive” and “learn”. And I also value “fight” and “attack” quite a bit. I have a close working relationship with “decompress” and “unplug”. There is always room for more “laugh” and “cherish” and “comfort”.

7. Sonya says:

Rewrite
    Proofread

9. Rella says:

Great post, Mel!
    some of mine are:

explore
    taste
    embrace
    cherish
    absorb

10. Melissa M says:

You know what I really like about this list? Work is listed pretty early on but only once… I’m out of work right now and starting to find it pretty frustrating, since I thrive best when I’m busy. This is a good reminder that there’s a LOT more to life than working (even though a paycheck would be great!) and many important verbs:
    SAVOR
    SKIP
    DANCE
    RUN
    SWEAT
    LAUGH

Thank you, everyone, for posting your favorite verbs.

Today I’m feeling:

Ice (as in “ice your shoulder)

and

Write (as in “write your cookbook or else!”)

12. Caroline Bull says:

I’m going with meander and gambol – mostly because I wish I was doing that instead of another verb – work. (Not that I don’t have the best job, but sometimes it’s like being grounded for 24 hours at a time.)