Must Be The Kicks!

I had a totally super-awesome so hard-so fun workout this morning. Must be the new kicks my mom sent me.

Dig my new Inov-8 F-Lite 230s. This is what they look like in person – pink & yellow!

And this is how they look in my kitchen, with overhead lighting and my pale, pale legs. Do you like how my legs and the floor tiles are practically the same color?! Looks like someone needs to slap on some low-dose sunscreen and enjoy a little Vitamin D time, no?

Anyway, those pale legs did some hard work this morning. Check it!

WOD
4 rounds:
1:00 row @ 90% effort
1:00 single-leg jump rope
:30 lunges
:90 active rest
1:00 burpees @ 90% effort
1:00 double-unders or singles
:30 American kb swings, 16 kg

We recorded our meters rowed and # of burpees:
Round 1: 269m, 18 burpees
Round 2: 264m, 19 burpees
Round 3: 248m, 18 burpees
Round 4: 263m, 18 burpees

Our final score was the average:
261m row, 18 burpees

I managed a few bouts of 10 or so unbroken double-unders during the first two rounds, but my double-under skill rapidly faded as I grew more fatigued. But how ’bout those burpee numbers! Pretty nice, right?

It was sweatastical!

And the new shoes performed beautifully. Thanks, Mom!

7 Responses to “Must Be The Kicks!”

1. Danni says:

Love Innov-8. My trail shoes are the Roc-Lites and they're so awesome.

2. Bethany says:

Ooh, what size shoe do you normally wear and what size did you get in the Innov-8s? I’m hoping to possibly replace my five-fingers with these since I won’t be ashamed to actually wear them out of the gym. :P

Hey, Bethany! I wear a 10 in running shoes, so I went with 10 on the Inov-8s. (I know! I’m 5’4″ and wear a 10. What’s up with that?! Giant clown feet.)

There seems to be a smidgen of extra room in the toes in my Inov-8s in the size 10, but when I’m running, that extra space feels just fine, and they fit well everywhere else. I bought them online, of course, so didn’t have the ability to try 9.5s, too.

4. Kelly says:

I was wondering why you chose the 230’s? I would like to get a pair for an all around Crossfit shoe, but they are alot of money. I have had my eye on the battleship grey colored ones. (I was in the Navy) They have The thinner heel though.

Kelly –> I read a review of them somewhere and then when I looked at them, I fell in love with the color combo. I usually wear all black, so I was kinda of delighted at the idea of wearing bright shoes. Wish I had something more scientific for you. But the review was very complementary — sorry! I don’t remember where I read it.

6. Bethany says:

Thanks Mel, and Go team Clown Feet! (I’m 5’4″ and a 9.5)

Hey, Bethany! I like to think it just makes us harder to knock down ;-)