So… how did it go this morning? I find that I’m so grumpy I can express myself only in lists.
1. My previous PR on shoulder press was 75. Today the 75 felt like it floated up, but when I attempted 80… nada. zip. zilch. nil. zero. It just got stuck at the bottom and wouldn’t budge. (The push press with it was fun, though.)
2. I partnered with Bonita and our barbell rack was set up right next to Erin and Carla. Yay! Except when I bent down to retrieve a 25-lb plate, I stood up directly into the adjacent bar on the rack. Like this: KERRANG! Now I have a tender knot on the top of my noggin.
3. My previous PR on back squat was 145, and today I lifted 150 on my final lift. But I’m pretty sure I didn’t get low enough. (Because I will be my own worst critic today. I will.)
4. When we were putting away our toys, I smashed my left thumb between two 25-lb. plates.
5. When I was getting my water bottle from the bedroom, I bashed my right elbow into the corner of the TV stand.
6. My breakfast strawberries were mushy and too tart.
7. I got snot and tears all over Dave’s t-shirt when he asked me, as he does every morning, “How’s my sweetie?”
[I should mention it wasn't all bad... today at class, I met Amy who is perfectly lovely; she's on day 3 of her paleo-party. (Yay, Amy!)]
10 Responses to “First O’ The Month Assessment = CrossFit Total”
Post a comment
Like what you've read? Got something to say? Lay it on me!