Poison… In a Poison Bowl

I’ve been feeling a little rage-y and political about food lately. I’ve got a slew of posts coming up for you. Let’s start with this one!

What’s 8 inches wide, comes in brilliant red and yellow hues, and might kill you? Domino’s Bread Bowl Pasta.

Yep! For just $5.99 you can get pasta (mushy) served in a bread bowl (fluffy) with gobs of cheese (stringy). There are standard flavors – italian sausage and three-cheese mac & cheese – but you can also build your own with bacon, pepperoni, and other pizza toppings. Yay?

Which just reminds me of Patton Oswalt riffing on the KFC Mashed Potato Bowl.

“I want a failure pile in a sadness bowl…” La-la-la, la la!

Dear cucumbers and almonds and strawberries and other things that require a fair amount of chewing, thank you for being fibrous and vitamin-packed. I love you! Melicious

Tags: ,

13 Responses to “Poison… In a Poison Bowl”

1. Mindy says:

OMG!!! MEL!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!! YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!!! THAT CLIP WAS 'EFFIN HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! thanks for this badass post!! see ya in the morning!!!!! =)

2. Barbara says:

Seriously, after seeing Food Inc..I want nothing to do with anything fast food related. That movie opened my eyes and pissed me off!

3. Muslfetish says:

hahaha yep, I agree with Mindy! Also, I took your advice you gave Barbara on adding spice to veggies…had the best broccoli I've ever eaten in my life last night! Your a spice genious :) I vote for more spice 101 posts!

4. Catatonic Eyes says:

Wow, wonder what the macro break down is on those! Cheap food is the unhealthy for sure! Thanks for sharing that clip, too funny!

5. Melicious says:

Food, Inc. literally changed our lives. It was pretty stunning. I'm working on a post about it… Dave was BESIDE HIMSELF. More on that soon.

6. Melicious says:

Your wish is my command, Muslfetish! Look for more spice and cooking 101s in the future. Glad to know you're like my cooking tips!

7. Melicious says:

Catatonic Eyes, the blogs That's Fit and Yum Yucky both posted about nutrition info. Sadly, it's just calories — no fat, carb, protein data. I'm sure the carb count is in the stratosphere.

8. erikajeanne says:

I really appreciate the person who decided to order one of those God-forsaken things and take a picture right out of the delivery box. It, as expected, looks NOTHING like the commercial. We can't change the health of our nation when companies like this keep giving them convenient opportunities to feed their families for less than $10. It makes me sad.

9. Melicious says:

It makes me enraged… and sad.

10. Jessica says:

That made my day. I just posted the link on Facebook, and in my own blog.

Thanks for that! =)

11. Melicious says:

Thanks for sharing the love, Jessica!

12. anniebugger says:

Seriously…even for junk food enthusiasts, how can you even stand the lack of texture in these things? It's like eating mush within mush.

13. Melicious says: