Poor Dave! Y’all should be sending him good wishes instead of me… yesterday he asked me if I was going for my “all-time high grouchy award.”
Why, yes! Yes, I am.
1. I resent that my medication makes me woozy.
2. I don’t want to take another nap.
3. I hate to ask for help.
4. If the sheets are not perfectly smooth, I can’t sleep.
5. I’m impatient.
6. I keep running my fingers over my incision and poking my Frankenneck to see if it’s still swollen. (It is.)
7. I think I want to get up, but when I get up, I want to go back to bed.
8. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, but we canceled our trip to go to see my parents because I wasn’t recovered enough to travel and now we have no plans for Thursday and I don’t know if I’m going to feel well enough to do anything anyway and I want to run in the Turkey Trot and I can’t and we don’t have a dinner reservation anywhere and Trio is booked up and I don’t think I feel like cooking and maybe we should just skip the whole thing all together.
So yeah, I’m pretty much being impossible.
But I’m trying to remember to be grateful that I still have enough thyroid in there that the damn thing can function — and I didn’t have cancer so I know I shouldn’t complain.
But I’m just not a good enough person to avoid complaining (or is that whining?) entirely.
4 Responses to “The Reasons I’m a Bad Patient”
Post a comment
Like what you've read? Got something to say? Lay it on me!