I’m waiting to go into surgery, and the doctors are running late, so I thought I’d share my list of complaints about the experience so far.
- I’m hungry. (Dave is tired of hearing me say that.)
- I had to take off my nice, soft squishy socks and put on olive green hospital socks.
- The hospital gown is big enough to wrap around me at least three times, but somehow, is still not big enough to cover me up when I lie down.
- The New York Times crossword puzzle was too hard this morning.
- The IV needle in my hand is pinchy, and one of the pieces of tape is coming loose.
- Neither Dave nor I can figure out how to lower the head of the bed.
- I’m thirsty.
- I have to stay overnight.
- At first glance, room service seems like it’s going to be dubious.
But… all of the nurses have been very nice. They gave me two blankets, and asked if I was warm enough. Dave is here. I got lots of nice emails from people saying they were thinking happy thoughts.
That’s all my news.
Dave will update later.
3 Responses to “This is a really crappy hotel.”
Post a comment
Like what you've read? Got something to say? Lay it on me!