Here are some factoids about cauliflower. Just because.
1. It’s versatile! You can turn it into Mashed Cauliflower, or Oven-Roasted Cauliflower Rice, or fancy Cauliflower Rice Pilaf, or soothing, creamy Golden Cauliflower Soup, or Cocoa-Toasted Cauliflower.
2. It’s nutritious! It’s got phytochemicals. Fiber. Vitamin C. And a high intake of cauliflower has been found to reduce the risk of aggressive prostate cancer.
3. Fun fact: The fractal dimension of cauliflower is predicted at about 2.88.
4. It comes in varieties with adorable names:
All the Year Round
Serves 2-4 | Prep 5 min | Cook 15 min | Whole30 compliant
1 head fresh cauliflower, broken into florets
1 tablespoon cooking fat: duck, ghee, lard, coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Steam-sauté the cauliflower until tender, about 7-10 minutes. Add the cooking fat to the pan, then add the spices and stir-fry until the cauliflower is a little brown and crisp.
Mix in a few tablespoons of coconut milk to make a quick faux curry
Top with sliced black olives for more luscious fats
Squeeze a wedge of fresh lemon over the top to make it a little piquant and top with minced fresh parsley
3 Responses to “Eat Your Vegetables: Cauliflower”
Post a comment
Like what you've read? Got something to say? Lay it on me!